Which kitchen faucet is best to choose?
Today in the shops you can find a variety of kitchen faucets. How not to get lost in numerous characteristics and choose a mixer that is ideal for you? We tell further.
What are the types of mixers
There are three main types of kitchen faucets:
Single lever kitchen faucets have only one common lever, turning which can achieve the desired water temperature. A single lever mixer is more economical, as it allows you to quickly and more accurately set the required volume of water supply and its temperature. It is also easier to keep the purity of such a mixer than a two-valve. A large variety of single-lever models can be found by looking at grohe kitchen faucets.
The two-valve faucets on the sides are two valves - for cold and hot water. Such kitchen faucets are the most reliable, although they are used less and less now, but they look best in classic and vintage interiors.
Non-contact or touch kitchen faucets are becoming more common. They have no levers or valves that need to be turned, but only a spout. These kitchen faucets are equipped with a special sensor that detects infrared radiation, and react only to the movement of hands under the spout. These kitchen faucets will allow you to not worry about whether you shut the water, leaving the house - without your presence, not a single drop of water from the tap will not fall.
Kitchen faucets by type of fastening
Do not forget to decide exactly how you plan to fix the mixer, since different models can be designed for a particular type of fastening, for example:
- on the wall above the sink,
- through the hole in the tabletop;
- in a special sink hole.
Mixer spout: shape and height
The form distinguish S-, R-, C-, J- and L-shaped spouts. The last three are suitable only for wall-mounted faucets, and you can install the spout of any of these forms on the sink or countertop.
In the kitchen, the spout should be located at such a height that the water jet falls exactly in the center of the sink, without splashing around. It should be convenient for you to take water in high and large tanks.Therefore, the fit of the spout depends on the depth of washing: if the bowl is deep, the spout can be lowered lower and vice versa.
Additional Mixer Types
- There are thermostatic mixers that maintain the same water temperature during the time you use it. Thus, they protect against sudden changes in pressure and temperature, and as a result - from accidental burns. Especially useful is a similar mixer in a house with children and old people, who are even more sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
- In some models, a luminaire is built into the mixer spout, which either illuminates the spout itself or a stream of water, and depending on the temperature, the backlight color changes: blue for cold water, red for hot, and violet for warm.
- Recently there were kitchen faucets on the electronic control, from the remote or with a keypad. Thanks to such electronics, you can independently change the temperature settings of the water, add detergent to the water, collect and drain water from the sink, etc.
- There is a very convenient type of faucets - kitchen faucets with pull-out spout, which are essentially similar to a shower watering can and are used thenwhen you need to wash large amounts of food or dishes, as well as for comfortable washing the sink itself.
There are three types of faucets with pull-out spout: a faucet with a movable "spout", a faucet with a flexible hose that can be extended from the spout itself, and a faucet with two spouts - traditional and with a shower head. The third type is great for kitchen with double sink.