What contraceptives are better - or so that the kinder does not come as a surprise
On Earth, only some species are able to enjoy sex. In addition to man, only apes and dolphins are engaged in “this” for the sake of pleasure. But if animals do not think about the consequences of their actions, then people - on the contrary. After all, sex may have an undesirable outcome - an unplanned pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease. To avoid these troubles, it is necessary to use contraceptives.
There are such methods of preventing unwanted pregnancy, which do not require the use of any foreign objects.
They are also called natural or biological. These include methods:
- interrupted sexual intercourse.
The calendar method is to calculate the days that are unfavorable for conception. These days you can have sex.The method is based on the fact that when a couple does not want to have children, she does not make love during ovulation, as well as a couple of days before and after it. It usually occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle. Only in these few days a woman is able to conceive a child.
Similar to this method are both temperature (measurement of basal temperature) and cervical (analysis of the consistency of cervical mucus). All of these methods set the day for ovulation in different ways.
These contraceptives for women (after all, they are the ones who calculate ovulation) cannot be considered quite effective. After all, 100% to be sure that ovulation has come, it is impossible. The monthly cycle in women fluctuates under the influence of various factors - weather, health, etc. Therefore, in the calculations it is very easy to miss.
Interrupted sexual intercourse also does not provide a 100% guarantee against pregnancy. During sex in men, fluid is secreted from the penis, in which sperm cells can be found. Although their number is minimal, one is enough for pregnancy.
Moreover, these contraceptives will not protect against harmful microbes.
This is a fairly good contraceptive.These include: male and female condoms, vaginal diaphragm, spermicides (contraceptive suppositories, foams, jellies, foaming tablets, etc.).
- Condoms, if used correctly, provide reliable protection from both pregnancy and HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases. The only negative - there is a risk of rupture or sliding. In addition, some are allergic to latex. It is best to use them as an additional means of contraception.
- Spermicides are non-hormonal contraceptives that are quite effective. Their action is aimed at destroying the sperm. Contraceptive suppositories and other types of spermicides protect against a number of genital infections, such as herpes, gonorrhea, and do not affect the hormones. Their disadvantage is the ability to cause allergies.
- Intrauterine devices can also be attributed to barrier contraceptives. This is a construction of copper and plastic, which is simply injected into the uterus. As it prevents sperm from entering the mark, it also prevents the egg cell, which is fertilized, from attaching to the wall of the uterus. The helix is set by the doctor.She can be in the body of a woman up to 10 years. Spirals are good contraceptives, but they can cause side effects.
Birth control pills
This type of hormonal contraception has become very popular lately. These pills contain hormones that prevent the onset of ovulation. Birth control pills are considered a reliable method of contraception. Pharmacies sell drugs such as Janine, Jess, Yarin, Diane-35.
They are appointed by a gynecologist, focusing on age, the presence of children, diseases and other features of the female body.
The composition of these tablets include hormones gestagen and estrogen. Contraceptive pills by concentration are divided into the following types:
- Microdose. Designed for birthless young women who regularly live sexually. If you have never used birth control pills, then it is better to use these.
- Low dose. These drugs are suitable for the same category of women. They are prescribed in the event that microdosage contraceptive pills did not give the desired effect and did not block ovulation. Also, these birth control pills are suitable for women who have already given birth.
- Medium dose. Suitable for women in late reproductive age, and those who have already given birth.
- Highly dosed. Apply when the previous version could not block ovulation.
Contraceptive pills - a reliable method of contraception. But they have a number of contraindications to the use, as well as side effects. Before their use, a gynecologist consultation is required.
In some cases it may be necessary for emergency contraception. Various unforeseen situations (condom breakage, spiral loss, rape, etc.) can lead to the fact that the contraceptive should be used after having had sexual intercourse. The drug is called postinor.
It should be drunk no later than 72 hours after sex. We remind: this method is an emergency, it can not be used just like that. Side effects and contraindications he has a lot.
The most effective means of contraception are male and female sterilization. But it is recommended to use it if you already have children, and you flatly refuse to bring yourself more babies. After all, this method once and for all will make it impossible for you to become parents again.