Traditional medicine is in a hurry to help with sinusitis
Folk remedies for sinusitis are gaining increasing popularity, and not without reason. According to statistics, every year the number of people suffering from sinusitis increases.
Of course, official medicine offers methods for treating pathology, however, not all patients want to take medications, but there is an opportunity to be cured without pills. Yes, and it is possible to combine the therapy of sinusitis prescribed by a doctor with folk methods, naturally, after consulting a doctor.
When popular methods are relevant for sinusitis?
Sinusitis, or in another way - sinusitis of the maxillary (maxillary) sinus, is a complication of colds and ailments caused by viruses. Sinusitis is accompanied by accumulation of pus in the sinus, deterioration of smell, fatigue and headaches. And, of course, that such a condition requires mandatory treatment.
Usually, otolaryngologists with a diagnosed sinusitis suggest a puncture - puncture and removal of purulent exudate or taking antibiotics.Not all people immediately agree to a similar procedure and begin to look for alternative ways to treat sinusitis.
How can you get rid of the disease folk remedies at home? Many options - you can make your own hands ointment, drops, as well as high efficiency shows the use of inhalations and compresses.
Drops from maxillary sinus inflammation
Nose drops - such a drug is necessarily prescribed for the treatment of inflammation in the sinuses. Usually this means with vasoconstrictor and anti-inflammatory effects.
However, there are many recipes for the preparation of such tools with their own hands:
With glycerin and mummy.
The drops consist of three ingredients — water (4 tsp.), Glycerin (1 tsp.), And crushed mummy tablets (10 pcs.). They are mixed and used to bury nasal passages. The tool is used 3 times a day for 21 days, then a week break is taken, and therapy is resumed. The total duration of the treatment of sinusitis with this tool is about 3 months, so much time is needed to get rid of the disease.
Onion and potato drops.
The traditional recipe remedies for sinusitis, excellent help with a strong nasal congestion. To cook it, you need a few potatoes and the same amount of onions. Vegetable juice is extracted, which is mixed with honey. The tool must be stored in a refrigerator and used when the nose can not breathe.
Juice from snowdrops.
This is an effective, but seasonal, way to get rid of sinusitis. After all, for the preparation of antritis drops, a fresh snowdrop (galantus) root is needed. Juice is squeezed out of it and diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 5. To reduce unpleasant symptoms, it is enough to bury the remedy in the morning and evening hours.
If you list the most effective folk remedies for treating sinusitis, then the list will include a mixture of onion juice, garlic and vegetable oil. Vegetables are crushed, poured over with oil and sent for a 2-week infusion. When sinusitis bury the nose several times a day, until the symptoms begin to pass.
How to make an ointment for sinusitis?
Treatment of folk remedies of sinusitis also includes the use of ointments.They eliminate inflammation, relieve pain, improve the recovery processes of damaged nasal mucous tissues and promote its regeneration. Of course, there is always the opportunity to purchase a ready remedy for sinusitis, but you can also make it yourself.
Among the most proven recipes are the following:
- Fresh aloe juice (4 tbsp.), Dioksinovaya ointment (100 g) and menthol oil (2 drops). Ointment is applied on cotton rollers - turunds and inserted into the nasal passages.
- Natural honey (4 tbsp.) And vegetable oil are heated with the help of a water bath. Onions and garlic are added to the resulting mass. The tool is used as the previous one.
- For the treatment of sinusitis in adults, you can use a tool based on the Vishnevsky liniment. At 1 tbsp. l ointment means taken on 1/2 tsp. other ingredients - onion juice and aloe, honey and propolis solution. All components are connected, heated in a water bath, but not much.
- Ointment at home can be prepared using baby soap. To do this, a bar of soap is crushed with a grater, the same amount of propolis tincture of alcohol, natural honey, onion juice is added to it.Everything heats up in a water bath, gets in the way until it acquires a uniform consistency. The cooled tool can be applied to the turunda and placed in the nasal passages.
- Another treatment composition, which again includes soap. But in this case, instead of economic, you can take the tar. Small chips are prepared from the soap, and oil (any vegetable), milk and natural honey are added to it in a tablespoon. Everything is melted in a water bath, at the end is added 2 tbsp. medical alcohol and the same amount of onion juice. The tool thickens, they are impregnated with cotton wool tampons and placed in both nostrils.
- Also from the sinusitis helps ointment, which includes kerosene and interior fat. The components are taken in a ratio of 1: 4, mixed. The tool is applied to diseased areas and tampons soaked in the nostrils are placed in it. Instead of interior fat, you can take vegetable oil, but then the ratio changes to 1: 1.
All tools are suitable for impregnation of cotton rollers - turnduchek and placement in the nasal passages. It is desirable to do this in the supine position, putting a pad under the shoulders. On average, the treatment of antritis with such agents lasts a week and a half. The components help cleanse the nasal sinuses and extract purulent exudate from them.
Inhalation procedures for sinus
If the question arises how to treat antritis with folk remedies, then even doctors recommend inhalation. Of course, you can buy for this pharmacy, but there is an opportunity to apply and popular recipes.
Such procedures have good reviews, so you should try them out to get rid of sinusitis:
This method is the most common for sinusitis available and is used both for the treatment of adults and children. Vegetables are boiled, without removing the peel - in uniform, water is drained, lean over the pan and cover with a towel or veil. Breathe should be coming out of the potato steam. Such a procedure will lead to the fact that purulent and mucous discharge begins to come out.
Propolis is an effective antimicrobial agent; therefore, it is recommended to use its tincture for treating sinusitis, including for inhalation.It is added to boiling water and breathe in the same way as above a potato.
Combining these components gives an even stronger effect - evaporation of propolis fights microbes, and potatoes - liquefies mucus and pus. To carry it out, boil potatoes in their skins and, without draining the liquid, add 1/2 tbsp of propolis to the pan. Breathe is necessary, tightly covering his head with a cloth.
Inhalation with an asterisk.
Asterisk balm is a universal pharmacy remedy for antritis. She found her application in the treatment of sinusitis. 3 liters of water are boiled, 1 tsp is added to it. baking soda and on the tip of a knife balsam. Inhale by mouth, then breathe deeply through the nose.
For such procedures, you can use the following preparations, prepared and home:
- A tablespoon of natural honey is added to the boiling water. A tube should be put on the spout, placed alternately in one nostril, then in the other and inhale the steam.
- Also in boiling water you can add 10-12 drops of fir oil.
One procedure lasts about 20 minutes, the duration of therapy is one and a half to two weeks.
In addition to hot, cold inhalation procedures can help with sinusitis. To conduct them, chop the onion head and breathe deeply over it, taking deep breaths with your nose. During the event, you can massage the maxillary sinuses and nose bridge - they are rubbed, you can also gently tap. Inhalation spend 3-4 times a day, and according to numerous reviews, the unpleasant signs of sinusitis pass after 1-2 weeks.
Horseradish root has a similar effect, so the procedure can be carried out with crushed rhizome. In addition, fresh horseradish and onions are recommended to be used as food if chronic sinusitis bothers. They contribute to the abduction of mucous formations.
How to flush your nose with inflammation?
Washing the sinuses with sinus is the best way to cleanse the nasal cavity from accumulated mucus and purulent fluid. This event is appointed by otolaryngologists, and in some cases it is carried out in a treatment room.
To carry out the procedure correctly at home, you need to take into account some of the nuances and features of technology.
Whatever liquid is used, the washing steps are the same:
- Pre-required clearance of congestion. If the need arises, then means with a vasoconstrictive effect are applied, they improve breathing and relieve puffiness.
- Rinse the nose should be 10 minutes after cleaning. To do this, you can use a syringe or a large syringe without a needle.
- A person needs to bend over a bathtub, sink or any container, placing his head a little to one side. In the nostril, which was higher, pour fluid.
- If done correctly, the tool will flow freely through the mouth or other nasal passage.
The procedure is carried out from 2 to 4 times a day, the duration is 7-10 days. For one wash, 100-200 ml will be required; it can be performed for children from 4 years of age. The solution should be warm, but not above 40 ° C. As a liquid, ordinary boiled water, medicines or folk components can be used.
Folk recipes for washing the nose
How to cure sinusitis quickly and painlessly? It is recommended that the therapy necessarily include the washing of the nasal sinuses.
The following agents can be used as a solution:
- 2 solutions are used alternately - one with potassium permanganate, the other with iodine. For their preparation is taken boiled water cooled to 40 degrees, 200 ml. In one glass 1/2 teaspoon of salt and several crystals of potassium permanganate are added, in the other - the same amount of salt and 15 drops of iodine. Both nasal sinuses are first washed with a solution of potassium permanganate, then the procedure is repeated, but with an iodine solution. Such tools are excellent antiseptics, moreover, they rather quickly relieve the nose from pathological clusters. Washing should be done 3-4 times a day and then the improvement can be felt pretty quickly. It is important not to overdo it with the ingredients, so as not to damage the already inflamed mucosa.
- Vegetable juices - carrot and beetroot - are distinguished by high effectiveness in antritis. Naturally, only freshly squeezed are taken for therapy. To prepare, take a glass of boiled water and 1 teaspoon of juice.
- Baking soda is used everywhere, naturally, that its beneficial properties can help with sinusitis. For washing in a glass of water is added a teaspoon of soda and table salt.
- Herbal therapy has proven to be effective in eliminating the symptoms of sinusitis. From rhinitis and antritis help washing broths of medicinal plants: sage, chamomile, horsetail, plantain leaves, tansy flowers.
It is recommended to use vegetable broths as a liquid after consultation with a specialist.
Compresses from sinusitis
Before you use these funds from sinusitis, you should find out in which cases it is possible to warm up the maxillary sinuses during inflammation, and when it is worth confining to cold compresses.
And in this case it is necessary to listen to the advice of doctors:
Warming up is allowed at the beginning of the disease, when it is not yet about the accumulation of pus. They are also used when the exacerbation is gone, and the patient is recovering.
You can not:
During the period of exacerbation of sinusitis, any use of thermal procedures will lead to complication and increased formation of pus.
If the treatment of antritis with folk remedies is used, the most effective compresses will help to cope with the disease:
For a compress, a small piece of cloth moistened with water is taken.Its surface is sprayed with a small amount of camphor alcohol, and the fabric is applied to the forehead area. Above the forehead should wrap. Compress should not be removed until you feel a burning sensation. Therapy is carried out until it becomes easier.
Salt and honey.
These two ingredients are taken from the ratio of 1: 3, it is better to use fine salt. The components are mixed, and the mixture is superimposed on the surface of the forehead. The tool works better in heat, so it’s better to wrap a head or towel around your head with a scarf. The procedure takes one and a half to two hours, and at this time it is not recommended to go to bed, otherwise the withdrawal of fluid from the nose to the outside will be difficult, and it may drain into the oropharynx, spreading the infection throughout the body.
Garlic with butter.
It should be cloves of garlic skipped through a press to get 1 teaspoon of gruel. It adds the same melted butter. The mixture is applied to the region of the maxillary sinuses and left overnight. In the morning, it is recommended to remove the compress and hold a potato inhalation - this will greatly enhance the effect.
Paraffin is melted with the help of a water bath, applied on the nose on both sides - in layers, and in the same way on the forehead.On top of the compress should be placed a layer of film with holes for the mouth and eyes, cover with a cloth, providing heat.
Steep saline is induced - salt is added to hot water so that it is completely dissolved. As soon as the salt is dissolved, the remedy is ready. A wool dressing is impregnated with a solution, placed on the forehead and the head wrapped.
Traditional medicine is a real storehouse of various methods and recipes that can get rid of the inflammatory process, and not only alleviate the condition of the patient, but also cure from the disease. However, in all things you should know the measure, use only on the recommendation of a doctor, so as not to aggravate the situation. Treatment should help, and not complicate the course of the disease!