These tips will help you save a lot on utilities.
In a time of crisis, everyone wants to understand how to save on utilities! The tips that we give you below will require you to slightly reconsider your usual way of life and make some acquisitions, but rest assured that these measures will be justified in the future.
- Significantly save on utilities at the end of the month will turn out, if you always turn off the lights that you are not using at the moment. You can even install special motion sensors that turn off the lights themselves when you leave the room.
- In the case when the power consumption in your family is quite large, then you will pay less for utilities after installing a special multi-tariff meter. With it, you can divide the consumption of electricity for day and night, and use energy-consuming devices after 23.00.First you have to spend money on the purchase, installation and programming of this meter, but with the active consumption of electrical energy, it will soon justify itself.
- Do you use an electric stove? Turn it off about five minutes earlier, so that your dish “reached” thanks to residual heat. And pick up the dishes for cooking so that it coincides in diameter with the burner - then the electricity will not be wasted due to poor contact and slow heating of pots and pans.
- It is possible to spend money once, hoping for savings in the future - buy electrical appliances with energy class A, A + or A ++. Such devices are more expensive, but in the future with their help you will be able to save much more on utilities.
- Do you still have incandescent bulbs somewhere? Change them to energy-saving - they are more than 50% more economical.
- How to save on utility bills for electricity when using the refrigerator? Do not put it too close to the wall, so as not to increase the load on the compressor - keep a distance of about 10-15 cm. Also avoid close proximity to hot batteries, otherwise your refrigerator will consume 30% more electricity.The same applies to the placement of the refrigerator near the windows in direct sunlight.
- If you have a tap somewhere, even slightly, do not over-tighten it, otherwise you may lose a few hundred liters of water within a month unnoticed.
- Refuse to take a bath in favor of the shower and equip it with a nozzle with a minimum size of water holes. Naturally, you shouldn’t take a shower for a very long time either, just “clearly and to the point”.
- Payment for utilities will decrease when you change a two-valve mixer on the sink to a single lever: it immediately gives a mixed stream and saves about five liters of water that you spend trying to adjust the temperature.
- Many have the habit of once again flushing from the toilet, using it as a garbage bin for food waste - if you have such a “sinner” for you, then it will not help you pay less for utilities. Better use the bin more often!
- A huge amount of water goes away until we turn off the water while brushing our teeth. On average, we spend 2-3 minutes on this process, and during this time about 45 liters of water are running away! And this is just one time, and we brush our teeth two or three times a day.Now imagine how much water will be wasted for a whole month, and how well you can save on utilities if you don’t waste water unnecessarily.
- Buying class A appliances will save you not only on electricity, but also on water - this applies to washing machines and dishwashers.
- You are going on vacation or a business trip - be sure to turn off the water and record the meter readings, if you have it installed. This will save your neighbors from the bottom from accidental flooding, and will allow you to check: check the numbers on arrival - it does not match, then it is time to check the serviceability of plumbing.
- How to save on utilities in the cold season? Take care of the presence in the house of a strong and dense entrance door of good quality, whole two-dimensional double-glazed windows and, if possible, on the insulated facade. This will allow you to pay less for utilities due to heating savings, which will be about 30%.
- Be sure to warm the door to the balcony! When it blows from it, it is equivalent to a hole in the wall - what kind of savings are there? Airing the room for a long time opening the window is also not worth it.
- If it is cold at the entrance, as it is on the street, then you need to do something with the door and windows on the stairs, since much more heat will be used to heat such a house! Gather tenants and contact utilities, or cooperate and purchase new windows or a door at your own expense to save on utilities in the future.
- You can paint the batteries in rooms in black or another dark color, and then they will absorb about 8% more heat than light-colored batteries.
- Install a heat-reflecting surface behind the radiators, for example, a plywood sheet glued over with foil.
How to save on utilities, you will learn from the following video, listening to other tips on house insulation:See also: How to save automotive fuel by 40%