The whole truth about fluoxetine
In pursuit of the perfect figure, many women do not think about their health and buy all sorts of dubious medicines. Whatever it was, you can still understand when a young lady drinks green coffee or chews gum for weight loss. But when it comes to serious drugs, this is already, sorry, stupid.
Fluoxetine is a serious anti-depressant that is designed for completely different purposes than losing weight. The drug reduces irritability, tension, is used to treat depression and its manifestations, in particular, bulimia nervosa, as well as alcoholism, schizophrenia, and other mental disorders.
One of its effects is to reduce appetite, so it is bought in order to lose weight. And Fluoxetine has many other side effects, including depression, insomnia, trembling in the limbs, and even attempted suicide!
So before you risk your health or even life, think carefully about whether you need it.
The effectiveness of drugs for weight loss
This potent drug was attributed to the means for losing weight due to the fact that very often overweight people suffer from depression and even depression. Thus, taking Fluoxetine, they not only improve their mental state, but also correct their shape.
But in fairness, it is worth noting that not all fat people are so seriously suffering from their problem and need medication.
However, there are a number of reasons why the drug is so popular among overweight people:
- Fluoxetine really reduces appetite and helps keep it under control. For most obese people, this problem has arisen due to uncontrolled eating. So the pills help solve the problem of overeating and thereby lose weight. But, if the excessive consumption of junk food, without changes in eating habits, led you to your fullness, you will hardly be able to lose weight only by taking the drug. His cancellation will return to you the previous appetite, and its regular use causes dependence.
- Fluoxetine affects the nervous system, increases efficiency, patients have a surge of energy.By taking this medicine, you will move more, which also has a positive effect on the weight loss process.
- The drug controls your mood, eliminating the blues, nervous breakdowns, unreasonable sadness, which often become the cause of overeating and weight gain. Indeed, someone hides his depression in McDonalds, or in front of the TV behind a piece of pizza, someone starts to drink a lot of alcohol. So if you can’t control yourself, you fall for nothing, then Fluoxetine will help you cope with it.
Instructions for use Fluoxetine for weight loss
First of all, think carefully about your decision, as it is very stupid and dangerous to drink tablets because of their side effect. But, if all of you decided on it, then it is worth knowing what dosage you need.
In depressive conditions, doctors usually prescribe 20 mg of medication per day. Ie one tablet per day, it is better to drink in the morning. To reduce appetite, dosage of 40 mg is enough (2 tablets). The effect in the absence of craving for food comes in a few days, at the same time, the minimum course of treatment is 3-4 weeks. It is important to know that you can not take the drug in a dosage of more than 80 mg / day!
While taking fluoxetine it is forbidden to drink alcohol categorically, as well as other substances that have a narcotic effect. Even if you take a sip of beer or a cocktail, then get ready for nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness and other unpleasant consequences.
Side Effects of Fluoxetine
One of the most serious side effects is the development of drug dependence! And this is not a joke.
Judge for yourself, about 70% of people who took Fluoxetine without medical supervision, “hooked” on this drug and as a result, they had to deal with anorexia and a lot of mental disorders.
So one thing leads to another, and doctors, in order to save the patient from dependence, you have to use very serious medicines.
In this case, the most common side effects are:
- trembling hands and feet;
- sleeplessness at night and vice versa - daytime sleepiness;
- violation of coordination.
There are also more severe cases that are less common:
- prostate adenoma;
- atony of the bladder;
- intracranial and intraocular pressure;
- convulsions and epilepsy;
- severe liver and kidney disease;
- 3% of fluoxetine intake leads to suicide.
The latter effect actually led to a big scandal in the USA and even to a trial.
The drug can not be taken in a number of diseases:
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- kidney, liver disease;
- taking MAO inhibitors.
So remember that Fluoxetine is not a weight loss drug.
This is a medicine that people with mental disorders take and only when it is needed. First, you need to consult a doctor and receive under his strict supervision.