Stress: symptoms, causes, remedies
What is stress?
The exact translation of the word "stress" from English - oppression, load. The person is in a depressed state.
Stress can be:
The first often cause personal problems. It can be a family disease, divorce, a quick birth of a child and a lot of other life difficulties. If the body gets into conditions that are difficult to survive, then physiological stress arises.
Force majeure events: natural or man-made disaster, revolution, economic collapse, accompanied by short-term stress. He can be so strong that he ends up in shock. Persistent (or periodic) memories of experienced events lead to long-term stress and emotional imbalance.
A relatively new concept is information overstrain. To its emergence leads the need to make important decisions in a limited time.Such stress is a common problem for managers, IT specialists, drivers, students.
The standard cause of stress is fear. A person may be in an alarmingly depressed state when he is concerned about the prospect of losing his job, not paying a loan, etc.
How does the body react to overstrain?
Variety of stress does not affect the nature of its physiological manifestations. The body responds to such a state with the same reactions:
- Anxiety. The body mobilizes its strength and reserves, which ensures the search for elimination of the problem.
- Resistance. The mechanisms of adaptation to sharply changing conditions are connected.
The body is trying hard to solve the problem on its own, how to relieve stress. Special hormones begin to flow into the blood. One of them is adrenaline. It leads to an increase in blood pressure, an increase in the number of heart contractions and increased appetite.
There is also a special stress hormone - cortisol. It helps the body conserve energy.Its enhanced production causes an increase in blood glucose levels. The immune system begins to work more actively. Digestive and reproductive functions are reduced.
The effect of hormones is that an adequate response occurs. Hormonal surge leads to an increase in performance. A person takes the most effective action. They can even be expressed in physical opposition.
How to learn the insidious psychoagressor?
Long-term stress can result in such specific and recognizable symptoms:
- inappropriate behavior, loss of self-control;
- the inability to give an objective assessment of the events;
- a person does not hear the arguments of others;
- indifferent attitude to other people's problems, heightened sensitivity;
- mood swings.
Under the influence of stress, a person begins to feel powerless in front of external circumstances. He loses his appetite or begins to eat hard. The main companions of stress - a feeling of hopelessness and a sense of total loneliness.
If the actions taken and the quest for how to relieve stress have proven to be ineffective,health is deteriorating. This is due to the hormones that continue to be actively produced. The person begins to suffer from insomnia. Appear migraine attacks. Often concerned about pain in the heart. There is a persistent depression.
An overstrain in the nervous system can result in muscle tension. This leads to slouching, radiculitis. Often there are problems in the gastrointestinal tract. A nervous tick may appear.
5 effective installations for victory over stress
If such alarming signs are noticeable, then you should immediately start fighting stress. What to do to cultivate stress resistance? What helps to reduce the damaging effects of overvoltage?
There are many ways to reduce the effects of stress. These include physical education, light jogging, massage. This should also include a visit to the sauna, the adoption of spa treatments, watching a comedy film. Not bad to take a contrast shower. Your stress can be put on pillows or dishes. Some try to relax in more extreme ways: alcohol or tranquilizers.This path leads to even more serious health consequences.
Changing a negatively disturbing pattern of behavior is not so easy. However it is possible. There are several simple and affordable ways to relieve stress quickly and safely. They guarantee victory in the battle with stress:
- The first installation: evaluate the situation as a whole. Find your emotions and anxieties in the general course of events. Collect them in a tight lump and throw them away. Imagine that you are free from any duties and decisions. Do self-massage of the back and neck and stretch upwards.
- Second setup: accept what happened. Accept this as a fact, without appreciating its significance. As long as you resist the situation internally or externally, stress will not let go.
- The third installation: in the world there is nothing very important. No one is available to master all the knowledge. No one has the ability to succeed in every endeavor. It is necessary to understand and stop the fight for unattainable heights. It is worth once to say negative emotions: “Out!”, As they begin to visit you less and less. Clearly outline for yourself the boundaries of experiences and do not go beyond them.
- Fourth installation: do not force the solution. Use the wise saying: “Some unsolved problems disappear over time by themselves.”
- Fifth installation: try to arbitrarily manage your emotional state. If necessary, turn on the emotion, and when there is no such need, turn it off.
If you feel that you are in networks of stress, start breathing deeply. Think only about this. Control every breath and exhale. This is a great way to overcome a stressful situation.
What really matters?
There are always occasions for stress in life. So that every surprise does not become a reason for the hospital, you should firmly grasp such things:
- stress is not the result of an event, it is only a consequence of your attitude to what is happening;
- we are driven by emotions, not the other way around;
- if you need to change something, then do it only within your reality.
Look at the world impartially, then stress will never be a real problem for you!