Poisonous plants that can not be kept at home
We’ll just clarify: the fact that these plants are poisonous does not mean that they throw some harmful compounds into the air and can poison you by simply being in the room. They can be dangerous for young children and animals that know the world and taste everything, so they may accidentally want to eat a piece of poisonous flower. In most cases, for a serious poisoning you need to eat a large number of plants, and the bitter taste can stop the curious from this venture, but the danger always remains. If you understand that you can not constantly monitor your child or pet, then it is better to refrain from growing the following green room beauties.
Very popular plant used for interior decoration, especially in the style of minimalism. Recognizable for its large, ribbed, heart-shaped leaves. It can reach a huge size, so even more often than in apartments, the monster can be seen in shops, shopping centers and galleries.For the human body, it is moderately toxic, but is more dangerous for the stomachs of domestic animals: cats and dogs. Monster poisoning is accompanied by increased salivation, vomiting and difficulty swallowing.
Monstera enters the plant genus Philodendron, which has about nine hundred species, and many of them are exactly the same poisonous.
Beauties Dieffenbachia - no less popular and poisonous indoor plants. They can be found everywhere: in residential premises, and in shops, and in hairdressing salons, and doctors' offices - everywhere diefenbachia will fit in appropriately and beautifully. That's just curious toddlers and kittens with puppies from this dangerous plant should be kept away, because contact with him can end badly, starting with a burn of mucous membranes and skin, and ending with arrhythmia and paralysis.
This evergreen plant has attracted many lovers of room vegetation for its glossy leaves, persistence, unpretentiousness and probable monetary well-being, which it promises to its owners - the people nicknamed him “dollar tree” for a certain similarity of its large leaves with leaves of a fat woman, or “money tree”.But if one of these leaves or stalk wants to try your pet or child, then the troubles will not be avoided.
Strelitzia royal, known to many as the Bird of Paradise, also enters poisonous indoor plants. She looks very exotic and attractive for both children and pets, who can drag the bright yellow-orange petals of her flowers into her mouth. But it is precisely in the flowers, fruits and seeds of Strelitzia that the greatest amount of poisonous substances is contained.
This is interesting: Strange, but beautiful indoor plants, which you have not even heard
Beautiful ornamental plant with two-color leaves, which can be beneficial to decorate any apartment. Unfortunately, such poisonous plants should be hidden from animals and children, since shefflera juice and leaves are highly toxic. Even pruning a plant and poisoning the juice on the skin can cause irritation in a person, not to mention his contact with mucous membranes.
We all know that aloe vera is a very useful plant with a mass of healing and regenerating properties. But aloe has many species, and many of them can be found in the homes of our compatriots.We advise you to clarify what kind of aloe is on your windowsill, since some plants of this genus are very poisonous and dangerous. In particular, we are talking about aloe awesome and striped aloe. Its ingestion is fraught with intestinal and uterine bleeding, both in humans and in animals, and therefore there is a great possibility of miscarriage in pregnant women when using these types of aloe.
Perhaps the most poisonous house plants that can cause irreparable harm to the health of any living creature that decide to try them are types of oleander. And the leaves, and the juice, and wood, and flowers - each part of the oleander keeps a danger. While many poisonous plants still do not do much harm, even if you pull one leaf into your mouth, then with an oleander the slightest indiscretion will entail serious consequences. It can be inflammation of the mucous membranes, vomiting, cardiac arrest and respiration, and when oleander juice gets in the eyes - loss of vision.
It is said that when heated, oleander leaves even begin to emit poisonous fumes, therefore we advise you not to grow such a flower at home, even if you live alone without four-legged friends and children.Related article: Useful indoor plants that should be in every home
Room spurting and its different types have already settled in florist flats, but it’s better to admire it from afar, and to work only with gloves. Milkweed contains dangerous milky sap that causes burns, dermatitis, allergies - and that’s just when it comes into contact with the skin. Once in the eye, it will provoke temporary or complete loss of vision, and inside it will cause severe stomach upset, digestive problems, as well as hallucinations. Even replanting it is dangerous, because the juice in the stalks is under pressure, and if they burst, it can splash sharply on the skin, in the eye or in the mouth.
Some of us grow lilies on the balcony, while others are not afraid to leave bouquets of these beautiful, but unfortunately very poisonous flowers indoors. All types of lilies contain poison, the use of which can end in tears for a person, and even more so for an animal. Usually, when the victim is poisoned, he vomits, he refuses to eat, whines from pain, he begins to irritate, disrupt kidney function, paralysis, and often it is fatal.
The dangerous representatives of the poisonous family Lileevy include ordinary May lilies of the valley.
And since the mushroom season has come, we advise our readers to watch the following video, which speaks of other poisonous plants, namely, poisonous mushrooms, which are often found in our area:See also: We grow a rose from a bouquet right at home