Is fish peeling dangerous?
More recently, a new procedure has appeared in the spa salons - fish peeling. The visitors to the beauty salons, who were naughty on the novelties, were pleasantly surprised: the effect is really impressive. Miracle peeling is gradually gaining more and more new fans who are unaware that every time they put their feet in a bath with fish, they risk getting hepatitis or an immunodeficiency virus.
Miracle Fish Garra Rufa
Beauticians, telling about the therapeutic effects on the skin of human fish, known as Garra Rufa, do not lie. Described in 1843 by the Austrian biologist Jacob Heckel, she only in our day was in demand in the spa industry. Prior to this, the fish peacefully lived in the basins of the Tigris and Euphrates, as well as the reservoirs of Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran.
The first who decided to use it for health and beauty purposes were the Turks, who noticed the useful ability of a small fish to delicately remove dead skin cells. The lamellar jaw of the Garra Rufa, resembling a microterk, actually scrubs the dead upper layer of the epidermis, inflicting an enzyme on the young skin that affects cell regeneration.
Dermatologists have taken advantage of this feature of fish, having found it to be used in the treatment of symptoms of psoriasis, and cosmetologists began to use Garra Rufa when carrying out a natural mechanical peeling and pedicure.
Seeing a flock of fishes, bouncing around on their feet, you never think that Garra Rufa is by its very nature not at all aggressive and feeds on plankton. Living in reservoirs with a temperature of 25-27 ° C, it reaches a length of 4-8 cm. Hunger causes it to become aggressive: they do not feed the fish for several days before the peeling procedure.
Remember your feelings during a diet, when you are ready to eat even something that you never loved. Garra Rufa feels the same way, attacking objects that are within its reach.
Peeling fish doctor
The effect of peeling fish doctor is obvious. For example, in patients with psoriasis and eczema after such a procedure, there is a significant improvement in the condition for at least six months. This effect does not give even medical treatment. The effectiveness of the cosmetic effect is much higher than the cleansing of the skin with the help of conventional scrubs.
In 2006, Japanese cosmetologists and dermatologists, impressed by the experience of their Turkish colleagues,practicing fish peeling at the thermal springs of the Kangal gorge, decided to use the same procedure in their own country. Behind them, the use of miracle fish in the SPA began in China, Belgium, South Korea, the Netherlands, Singapore, Malaysia and Spain.
In 2010, the United States was added to this list, but a year later, the Americans radically revised their opinion. The reason was the conclusion of the UK Department of Health, which spoke about the risk of infection of a person with hepatitis and HIV infection through Garra Rufa microkus.
The only way to avoid possible contamination was called a one-time use of fish and sanitization of equipment involved after each patient. This made the use of Garra Rufa in the medical business unprofitable and eventually led to a ban on this procedure in the United States.
Our regulations, unlike American ones, are not so harsh, so fish in spa salons are used repeatedly, and only employees of beauty cabinets know about whether baths are processed properly before each procedure.
The guarantee of 100% security is the individual use of fish, i.e.self-conducting procedure at home.
Home doctor peeling
The pleasure of having a fish spa at home will require some effort on your part, but if you are “sick” with this procedure or it is vital for you, then this is the best way to get what you want without health risks.
What have to do?
1. Buy fish: the procedure of fish peeling presupposes the presence of at least 60 individuals. Garra Rufa, the export of which from its habitats is strictly limited, is not cheap. If you will be offered a fish at a price below $ 4-5, do not agree, you will probably be deceived.
2. Purchase and equip an aquarium, the volume of which must be calculated based on the ratio of 0.75 liters per fish. The aquarium should be equipped with the following equipment:
- device that allows you to maintain the desired water temperature. The optimum water temperature at which the Garra Rufa feels comfortable is 25-28 ° C. We can not allow its sharp fluctuations, as the fish can get sick;
- if you plan to carry out procedures directly in this aquarium, you will have to provide it with a serious filtration system with mechanical, biological and chemical cleaning functions, as well as install a nitrifying agent, an ozonizer,ultraviolet sterilizer and compressor. With their help, the cornified particles of skin remaining in the water, producing ammonia, which is deadly for fish, will be removed.
You can repot Garra Roof for the time of the procedure in another container, then you can do with the standard equipment of the aquarium.
While Garra Rufa is not used for peeling, it is fed 2 times a day with universal feeds: JBL NovoBel, TetraMenu, TetraMin. After completing the course of procedures in the diet you need to enter vitamins. More information about the content of the fish can be easily found on the Internet.
Every 2 days you should change the water by 20%, and every 4 days - the filter cleaning filter filler.
The process of preparing and conducting the peeling procedure includes the following ...
1. Preparation of fish. 5 days prior to the peeling, it is necessary to smoothly raise the temperature of the water in which the fish are located to 34-37 ° C and plant garra rufa on an empty ration. Do not overdo it: at temperatures above 40 ° C, your charges will die.
2. Personal hygiene. Wash hands / feet thoroughly before peeling with a neutral alkaline soap. You can not apply cream, ointment, lotion and other cosmetics - they are disastrous for the little "doctors".
3. Conduct peeling.You will need to lower your arms / legs in a garra-rufa container for 20 minutes and trust it with the “treatment” of your skin. Starving fish perceive the obsolete cells of the epidermis as food and are strongly taken to absorb them, while simultaneously doing massage. After the specified period, dry the skin with a soft, dry cloth and apply a moisturizer.
Cosmetic effect becomes obvious after 1-2 procedures. Treatment takes more time: the course of rehabilitation of patients with psoriasis is 3 weeks, subject to daily intake of procedures.
Attention! Fish peeling is contraindicated for people with thrombophlebitis, psoriatic erythroderma, lupus erythematosus and having malignant tumors!
In the salon, the prices for fish peeling start at $ 10. Carrying out such a procedure at home, taking into account the purchase of fish and an aquarium, will cost more, but it will completely eliminate the likelihood of contracting any diseases and will always allow you to have on hand personal miracle beauticians ready to fight for your health and beauty.