Most terrible sea creatures
In the seas and oceans live the most unusual and alien creatures on Earth. And some of them look very scary ...
1. Frog fish. Occurs in the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans on a muddy or sandy bottom, sometimes burrowing into the eyes. Some members of the family of toad fish have poisonous spikes and are dangerous for bathers. (Photo ALAMY):
2. This beauty name isfish dropand it lives only in Australia. The deep sea bottomfish is a psychroluta family, which, because of its unattractive appearance, is often called one of the most bizarre ocean deep-sea fish on the planet. The structure of the front of the head leaves the impression that the fish are constantly frowning and have an unhappy “facial expression”, which is why the fish ranks first in the ratings of the strangest creatures in Internet surveys. (Photo by REX FEATURES):
3. Catfish(Anarhichas lupus) or as it is also called the "Atlantic wolf" is usually found in cold deep water.It is interesting that the teeth of the “Atlantic wolf” are quickly worn out, but every year during the period of cooling, the old teeth fall out, and new ones appear in their place. (Photo ALAMY):
4. Celacant- this is a living fossil fish that has come down to us since ancient times. It has hardly changed since the prehistoric period. (Photo ALAMY):
5. Fish toad. These are sedentary bottom fishes, which have a thick flat head and tails compressed from the sides. The mouth is wide, large, with numerous sharp teeth. (Photo ALAMY):
6. Predatory fish European angler fish oreuropean monkfish. The name of this species was due to a very unattractive appearance. Body length - up to 2 meters, usually 1-1.5 meters. Weight - up to 20 kilograms or more. (Photo ALAMY):
The fish has a large mouth in the shape of a semicircle with a protruding lower jaw and sharp hooked teeth. From a different angle:
7. Moray Viper- one of the types of eels. Usually, moray eels feed on fish, but they attack both crustaceans and octopuses, which are caught from ambush, by an arrow jumping out of their shelters and seizing a victim sailing past. (Photo ALAMY):
8. Get ready ...Stargazer Fish. European stargazer got its name from the eyes located at the top and close together, which are constantly raised to the sky.It has poisonous spikes above the pectoral fins behind the gill covers; they pose a danger to bathers. (Photo ALAMY):
9. Bat fishfrom the squad of angler fish or sea devils. They live in subtropical and tropical seas, at the bottom, often at a depth of up to 100 m. (Photo ALAMY):
10. Such a person can only love mom ...Viper Fish. The scientific name comes from the Greek words Chaulios - open mouth and Odus - tooth. The adder fish with its mouth of open mouth with frightening teeth has long since gained worldwide fame, despite the fact that its size does not exceed 35 cm. the predator itself 3 times. The teeth in the process of hunting play a major role: although they are not intended to kill prey, they serve to keep the predator on the body of the prey.