Juicer: how to choose the best?
Nothing healthier and tastier than freshly squeezed juice you can imagine. Apple, orange, tomato fresh juice - this is also a storehouse of vitamins and a charge of vitality for the whole day! And here without a special device can not do. How to choose a juicer to prepare the juice was convenient, and all the healing properties were preserved in it? And it is also desirable to disassemble and wash the unit was easy. What will the experts advise us?
What are the types of juicers?
How to choose a juicer, which you will be satisfied?
You can’t imagine your morning without orange or grapefruit juice - then you should buy a special unit designed for processing citrus fruits.
Love different juices - both fruit and vegetable - pay attention to the universal model, it is also called centrifugal. And some experts, and consumers believe that the best juicers - screw.
The name itself speaks about its purpose - it processes only citruses.
The power of this juicer is small: from 20 to 40 watts.The device is compact, easy to use, easy to clean and works without making much noise.
What you should pay attention to if you are faced with a task, how to choose a juicer:
- it is good if the device has several different tips attached;
- modern citrus squeezer is equipped with a function of reverse rotation of the nozzle - so the pulp is squeezed more efficiently;
- the filter lattice can be made of plastic or metal (then the model will cost more);
- there must be marks on the walls of the juice tank to see the volume of the liquid.
Universal type of juicers
So, centrifugal or universal juicer - how to choose the right unit?
A model with a cylindrical separator has more juice output. This is a plus, but there is a minus - the cake is not automatically discarded. Juicer will have to periodically disassemble and wash by hand.
With the help of a cone-shaped separator, we get less, but these models, however, are equipped with a special tank, where the cake is collected.
The optimal power of such devices is considered indicators from 200 to 600 watts.
How to choose a juicer with useful features:
- Presence of two spin speeds. On a small one, it is better to process softer vegetables and fruits, and solid ones - at a high speed.
- The speed with which the centrifuge rotates should be from 8 to 10 thousand revolutions per minute.
- Well, if the grid at the centrifuge is made of stainless steel.
- The neck where products are placed must be wide enough to load large pieces for recycling. And the presence of the feed tray facilitates the process of loading the unit.
- If you have enough space in the kitchen, then a model with a built-in container will not work, it is cumbersome. It is better to choose the option when the juice is poured into a glass or cup.
- To prevent foam from getting into the drink, the jug for juice is supplied with a built-in separator.
- A plastic case, if properly handled, will last long enough. Of course, the metal is more durable, but this model is worth much more.
- Kitchen appliances usually include pushers for products, brushes to clean the unit.
In screw models the principle of work of the meat grinder is used. They have a small power - from 200 to 400 watts, and they work much quieter than universal ones.
Processing of raw materials is cold pressed, which allows you to save most of the nutrients. Juices obtained in this way are more fortified.
If you do not know how to choose a juicer for vegetables, pay attention to the screw models.They are able to squeeze juices, even from root crops and greens.
And to compare the properties of auger and centrifugal juicers, this video will help you:
Read about modern kitchen gadgets here: http://megapoisk.com/kuhonnye-gadzhety-obzor-novinok.
Modern centrifugal juicers, in the same price range, are even more useless, since the juice yield is much lower compared to the above-described auger juicers. Preparation of juices from solid vegetables and fruits is possible only theoretically. It is better to eat fruits and vegetables in their original form than to pass them through a centrifugal-type juicer. Uses more, less waste.
In my opinion the most reasonable is the purchase of a screw juicer, horizontal type, i.e. such where the screw is located horizontally, like a screw in a meat grinder. They are sometimes called: meat-chopping type. At a cost as in the above-described auger juice extractor and of the same efficiency, it is more reliable in operation. The screw does not fail so quickly. She has only one drawback, it is not so easy to find on sale.
An even more interesting version of the juicer, this is the nozzle on the meat grinder. Its price, last seen on sale for 150 rubles. Reliability compared to all the above-described extraordinary, almost eternal.Efficiency is similar to the screw extractors described above. Two disadvantages. 1. It is difficult to find on sale, at least with us. 2. Separately sold nozzle, does not fit all meat grinders.
There are on sale meat grinders from inexpensive, like Rolsen, Polaris with such nozzles in a set at the price of screw juice extractors. I have not seen on sale for a long time. In the absence of a meat grinder and juicer, ideal for purchase.