How to make a comfortable layout of a small bathroom? Ideas and Expert Tips
Your bathroom is indecently small, and you need to make it comfortable and multifunctional. How to place all the sanitary ware, cabinets and shelves for storing hygienic accessories, towels and, preferably, a washing machine on modest squares? Design a small bathroom consider in this article.
Morning begins with a visit to the bathroom, at least for most of us. The pep of the spirit and the body give us water treatments. Unless, of course, it is convenient to take them. Doubt that this is real in your case - on a modest four square meters?
It turns out that this is quite an achievable goal - to organize a small space so that everything is in its place and you feel comfortable. In the design of a small bathroom is particularly important rational planning of space.
How to start a bathroom design
If you are able to entrust the time-consuming process of designing the interior to the designer - all worries will fall on his shoulders. You have to express your wishes and choose from the options. And we will consider a different situation - you will have to do the planning yourself. How to do it:
- creating your own small bathroom design, take as a basis a concrete sample. There are many examples in magazines and on the Internet. Choose the appropriate one considering the layout and area of your bathroom;
- transfer on paper your ideas of the project of a bathroom;
- make the necessary calculations so that the wishes coincide with the realities;
- Make a selection of plumbing items and furniture that fit into your small space, will suit you in terms of comfort, beauty and price.
Design a small bathroom - options
We will immediately agree - any room of your, let's say, compact apartment should be comfortable. Everything is important here: the choice of style for the design of a small bedroom, and the color scheme of a small living room, and the use of transformers in a tiny kitchen, and, of course, the successful interior of a small-sized bathroom.
First of all, let's pay attention to the subject of the interior, which basically steals the already modest area - the bath itself. For a room with an area of 4 squares, the exit can be the installation of this item of plumbing in the corner solution. This saves space and makes room for a washer or compact.
The variety of corner baths is endless, but the choice depends primarily on the bathroom layout. Perhaps, the shape of an isosceles triangle with a rounded side is suitable for you, or asymmetric, with sides of different lengths - appropriate for elongated rooms. There are left and right side baths.
If you are satisfied with a small bath (120x70, 100x70), in terms of space saving, this is the way out. In this case, recumbent water procedures are excluded, but such a design of a small bathroom will make it possible to place an additional small closet or washing machine.
For those who are ready to do without a bath, a great option with a shower. Sizes can be selected individually - 90x90, 150x70, 80x80, 120x90. True, it is worth considering that the minimum size of the booth saves room space, but not everyone will be comfortable for bathing - cramped, you know.
For the comfort of taking a shower let out booths with a place to sit. The shower cabin is also convenient because there are already special shelves inside it, on which you can place shampoos, soap and other means.
In small apartments with mini-bathrooms, usually kitchens are small, so there’s clearly no place to put a washing machine. But the presence instead of a bath shower allows you to do it in the bathroom.
Sinks and toilets in a small bathroom
The next option to save space in the bathroom will be the installation of a corner toilet. It has a special shape of the tank - triangular, allowing it to be placed in the corner of the room. The dimensions of the corner toilet start from 38x50 cm.
You can opt for a suspended (console) toilet. For strong fixing on the wall it is installed on a special installation system. Pros - due to the lack of a lower support, the space visually increases, you can freely wash the floor under the bowl, you will not have problems with the hygiene of the room, because in a small room behind the toilet moisture or dirt may accumulate. Do not be afraid that the construction will collapse, - modern fastenings are reliable, they will withstand the weight of even a large “rider”.By the way, in addition to the free space, you will receive another plus - an interesting design of a small bathroom.
Now - about the sink in a small bathroom. Pay attention to such offers:
- set the corner sink to save space and originality of design;
- prefer built-in sink;
- choose the option of glass, visually increasing the space;
- hide the washing machine under the sink;
- put a cabinet under the sink that will hide the cabling and at the same time will serve to store hygiene items.
Small Bathroom Design Tips
Consider when organizing space and such recommendations:
- use of sliding doors;
- mounting a door that opens outwards, not inwards;
- the use of hinged shelves and cabinets (their height at the same time should be comfortable to use);
- installation of a shower panel that is mounted on the wall (instead of a bath or shower). Drain while doing in the floor, to protect against splashing mounted sliding partition;
- The final design touch can be the use of indoor colors for the bathroom. This will give a special charm, comfort and uniqueness to your room.
So - are you still depressed by the available 4 squares of the bathroom, or are you ready to try? Armed with helpful tips, tune in to the final result, feel free to get down to business. Design a small bathroom is not only time consuming and troublesome. You can't argue with that. But also fascinating, gives a lot of imagination, makes you look for extraordinary solutions. So go ahead and create!