How to make 3 types of ships from paper with their own hands. Step-by-step instruction
One of the most accessible materials for creative activities is ordinary paper. Most children love to make crafts from paper with their own hands, cut various figures, glue cards. A technique of origami allows you to do crafts without the help of scissors and glue. Both boys and girls are especially fond of putting paper ships and boats with which you can immediately play on the water. How to make a boat out of paper in three ways, we will tell further.
There are a lot of schemes and instructions for creating different “navigable” origami; if you wish, you can even create a whole fleet of paper. We chose three types of figures among this variety and decided to tell you how to make a classic paper boat, a steamer with two pipes and a catamaran boat. Stock up on paper, because we are starting!
Classic paper boat
Surely almost every adult in his childhood made such ships.Follow the step-by-step instructions below and the visual scheme to learn how to make a boat out of paper with your own hands in just nine simple steps. White paper sheets can also be used, but origami from two-sided colored paper will look more interesting and more fun. So:
- Fold in half ordinary rectangular A4 sheet.
- Fold the two corners of the sheet to the center so that they do not occupy the entire area of the folded A4, but about three-quarters.
- Fold the bottom of the paper to the top on both sides.
- On the sides are formed corners that need to be bent in the opposite direction.
- Then take your workpiece in your hands and, as if unfolding it from the bottom, fold the left and right corners of the figure together.
- You should have the same square shape as in the sixth figure of the diagram.
- Fold the bottom corners of the square up, on both sides, but do not bring the corners to the very top, leave a little space - about 1 cm.
- You will have a triangle that you need to unfold from below and fold in the same way as in the fifth step of the instruction.
- Grasp the upper corners of the formed square and pull them to the sides, revealing our boat. Walk along the fold line, forming a steady bottom.
Paper boat can be sent to conquer the waves!
How to make a paper boat
Next, we will tell you how you can make not just a boat out of paper from just one sheet, but create an entire steamer with two pipes using origami technique. Such a ship will be especially liked by boys, because it looks more unusual and impressive than boats and sailboats.
Prepare a square-shaped sheet of paper. If you do not know how to make a square out of paper, then follow these steps:
- Take an ordinary A4 sheet and start folding one of its corners diagonally so that the adjacent sides of the sheet coincide - as shown in the figure.
- Smooth the fold well to keep it in shape. The rectangle formed at the side must be bent backwards or forwards, and then cut along the fold line using scissors, or torn off using a ruler. You now have a square paper origami blank.
Getting to the creation of our twin-tube steamer:
- We take a square and fold it diagonally twice: first, bend the upper right corner of the sheet to the lower left, iron the bend well and fold it back, and then press the upper left corner to the lower right corner and bend it. We had two diagonals intersecting in the center.
- Each corner of the square is bent to its center, where the point of intersection of the large diagonals passes.
- We leave the corners in the fold position and turn the square on the other side.
- Repeat the same action - bend the four corners to the center.
- And turn the folded sheet on the reverse side.
- The penultimate action is repeated again - bending the corners towards the center. Our square began to resemble a diamond shaped quadrangle.
- Turn it over to the opposite side.
- Notice that in each corner of the square there are four mini-squares that look like pockets. Two of these squares, located opposite each other - the top and bottom - you need to open, pulling the diagonal gaps in the center. So we managed to make two pipes for the future steamboat.
- The whole structure is bent in half. The two remaining pockets, left and right, while turning out, pressing the inner corner of the square to the outer, as shown by the diagram of the paper boat.
- That's all - the paper double-pipe steamer is ready!
Paper catamaran boat
And now we will put together an interesting vessel, which consists of two hulls and is called a catamaran.Due to its structure, this boat is very stable and can develop a higher speed - these characteristics can be applied to its paper version, in comparison with other ships. To make this boat, you need to learn how to fold such a basic origami shape as a double triangle.
- Take the paper square. Fold in turn the two upper corners of the leaf to the opposite lower ones for the appearance of diagonal cross fold lines.
- The upper part of the square is bent to the bottom, connecting them along the edge line to get a horizontal fold in the center of the sheet.
- And now the most important thing: we are groping the center of the square from below, and we try to bend the side triangles inward, pressing them to the bottom of the sheet and folding them in half. The upper half of the square will bend over the bottom.
- The triangle is almost ready; you should only flip its upper right and left rear wings in the opposite direction, to the left and to the right, respectively. Voila!
The basic triangle is ready, so you can further make a boat out of paper in the form of a catamaran.
- The blind corner of the shape must be bent to the center of the lower part of the triangle.
- The small triangle at the apex formed due to the bend should be bent inward.
- Stretch the shape, pulling the outside.
- The lower part of the figure is bent up.
- The resulting figure is our catamaran of two boats, it just now stands upside down. Turn the boat over - the catamaran is ready!
We hope the step-by-step instructions presented here, origami schemes and video tutorials helped you to tame the paper and enjoy the creation of the paper fleet. Having mastered such crafts, you can proceed to the creation of more complex products and models of paper: airplanes, tanks and cars.