How to cook dumplings with steamed cherries - a delicious recipe
What is your favorite dish of dough (except baking) - dumplings, pasties, belyashi? And do you knowsteamed dumpling cherries recipe? This is such a yummy that hardly anyone would refuse. Preparing is easy, but there are secrets, without which the desired taste can not be achieved.
Secrets of delicious dumplings
Surprisingly, there is, perhaps, one basic recipe for dumplings with steamed cherries. There are, of course, slight differences in the composition and method of kneading the dough, but more on that later.
For now - the promised secrets:
- Cooking dumplings with steamed cherries is exclusively handmade, no mixers and kneaders. Why? The fact is that the composition includes kefir and soda, thanks to which the dough turns out to be tender and lush. And only with unhurried kneading with hands, these ingredients “work”, and we end up with a soft consistency of dough.
- To make the dough more airy, do this: pour kefir into the bowl and sift a few tablespoons of flour along with soda,stir and let the reaction take place - the ingredients begin to interact, bubbles appear. Now you can add sugar and salt and add a little flour.
- When preparing the stuffing, it is better not to put sugar right away. Add it to each dumpling when sculpting. Experienced housewives say it tastes better. But a little starch to add to the cherries is worth - then when cooking the juice will not flow out and color the dumplings.
- If you do not have a special kitchen gadget (read about the housewives in the kitchen in a separate article), you can use a safety pin to extract bones from cherries. Not the tip where the needle is inserted into the cap, and the opposite.
Dumplings with cherries do not happen much, homemade gobble up everything and ask for supplements. But if you cook for the first time, start with a small amount. So to speak, trial lot.
You will need:
- 250 ml of kefir (can be yogurt, sour milk or whey);
- 1 egg (some do without this ingredient);
- half a teaspoon of salt and soda;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 3 cups of flour (perhaps it will take a little more or less).
Stuffing: about 400 grams of cherry, dessert spoon of starch and sugar - based on an incomplete teaspoon for each varenik.
- In a bowl, pour the kefir, sift half a cup of flour and soda through a sieve, stir.
- Add the egg, salt, sugar, gradually pouring the flour and carefully stirring with a wooden spatula.
- While the dough is watery and sticky, knead in a bowl, then spread on a floured table and knead with hands.
Do not overdo the flour, otherwise the dough will be dense. And we need an airy, fluffy and delicate texture.
- We leave the prepared mass for 20 minutes to “rest”: you can wrap in a film, but not tightly or cover with a towel (bowl).
- In the meantime, let's do the filling: remove the bones, add starch to the ligament.
- We separate a piece from the dough, roll it into a sausage and divide it into pieces. Each roll in flour and begin to sculpt dumplings.
Slightly roll the pieces, or simply wipe your hands to make a circle or oval.
- In the middle of the pour sugar, put the cherries, usually placed 2-3 things. We close the edges tightly, it is possible in the form of a pigtail.
- Cook for a couple of 6 to 8 minutes. If you do not have a double boiler, you can pour water into a wide saucepan, put a colander on top, oil it so that the dumplings do not stick.Another option is to pull the gauze and cook on it.
Here is a recipe for steamed dumplings with cherries. What is the best way to serve them? With butter, sour cream, honey and cherry sauce. To make it, slightly remember the berries, add sugar to taste, cover with water and bring to a boil. Dissolve a little starch in water, pour in a thin stream, stirring well. And let the sauce stand for a bit, it will then thicken and be ready for serving.
For clarity, watch this video - it shows the recipe of steamed cherry dumplings. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!