Diagnosis: lower limb lymphostasis. Treatment with folk remedies, medications, massages
Swelling of the feet is quite common formost people, especially in the evenings after a long working day. Often by the morning they pass, but if this phenomenon is repeated from day to day, it can indicate a problem with the veins, and in the future lead to varicose veins or thrombophlebitis. If the morning swelling does not go away, most likely, your diagnosis is lymphostasis of the lower extremities. It is recommended to start treatment of this disease as early as possible, while the lymphatic system copes with its tasks at least partially.
Causes and symptoms of the three stages of lymphostasis
Lymphostasis is a disease that occursin women 5 times more often than in men. Why it happens that way, doctors can not answer unequivocally, but now the main reasons for its occurrence are outlined:
- Diseases of various organs and systems.
- Changes in veins or lymphatic vessels.
- Low protein content.
- The presence in the body of microorganisms, for example, streptococci.
- Congenital anomaly of the lymphatic system.
Lymphostasis has several stages of development, each of them has its own symptoms:
- Lymphedema (reversible edema) affects the ankle,fingers and feet. This swelling is palpable, even visible visually, but not accompanied by pain. The skin in this area becomes pale, slightly flabby, forms a crease. After rest, swelling disappears or decreases significantly.
- Fibredema (irreversible edema) is spreadingpractically on the whole limb, is accompanied by pain, heaviness, sometimes convulsions. After pressing in the area of the edema, there remains a long trace in the form of a dent, but it does not pass even after rest.
- Elephancy is an extensive growth of the subcutaneousfiber and connective tissue, which leads to an incredible increase in the limb. The name of the stage resembles the similarity of the limb of a sick person with an elephant's leg. The stage is accompanied by pain, inflammation and skin ulcers.
Diagnosis and definition of stages of lymphostasis
From the correctness of the diagnosis made dependsthen, as in the future to fight with swelling in the extremities. If phlebologists or lymphologists have established that there is lymphostasis of the lower extremities, treatment with folk remedies, medications and massages should begin without delay. How is the diagnosis made? An integrated approach includes:
- visual inspection;
- biochemical analysis of urine and blood;
- duplex scanning of veins;
- Ultrasound of blood vessels and tissues;
Only after the diagnosis and the severity of the disease can be treated.
Treatment of lymphostasis with the use of medications
So, your diagnosis is lymphostasis of the lower extremities. Treatment with folk remedies is not in your rules? In this case, you will be prescribed medication, and only on an individual schedule - depending on the characteristics of the body, the stage of the disease, the possible individual intolerance of the drugs. Basically, the following drugs are prescribed for treatment:
- Phlebotonics to improve microcirculation and lymph drainage.
- Preparations for enzyme therapy, removing inflammation and swelling.
- Diuretics are diuretics.
- Antibacterial agents.
Most often these drugs are used in a complex way and only with prolonged use they effectively treat the lower limb lymphostasis.
Treatment with folk remedies
At the initial stage of lymphostasisthe people's means will be effective. For example, a well-known compress made of onion and tar. To prepare the mixture, one onion is baked (it is not necessary to clean it first), it is cooled, cleaned and shredded. To this porridge you need to add a tablespoon of tar and carefully mix everything. The resulting agent is evenly applied to the tissue and wrapped around a sore spot, then fixed and left overnight. If you have lymphostasis of the lower extremities, treatment with folk remedies may include decoctions, infusions and mixtures taken internally:
- An infusion of 250 grams of chopped garlic and 350 ml of honey is cooked for a week, and taken three times daily before meals.
- A decoction of plantain leaves, dandelion leavesand the color of the immortelle. All components are taken in equal proportions, filled with boiling water (0.5 liters) and infused for 5-7 hours. Take a decoction for half a cup of 4 r. in a day.
- Significantly ease the condition of the patient apple cider vinegar and honey (1 tsp), diluted in a glass of water.
Treatment with massage
Massage with lower limb lymphostasis isone of the ways to improve the patient's condition. This is not about home self-massage, but about professional procedures that are effective only in the first two stages. The action of the massage is aimed at activating the outflow of lymph and shrinking the vessels. This leads to a significant decrease in the volume of the limbs. In medicine, hardware massage (pneumocompression) and manual lymph drainage are used. The procedure ends with bandaging - bandaging using an elastic bandage.