Cotton terry towels: a review of the commodity group
Cotton terry towels are in every home, such products, perhaps, you will not surprise anyone. But it turns out that there are several secrets that, having learned which, it will be much easier to choose the perfect towel for yourself and your family.
Two important criteria: density and pile height
The surface of the towel can be covered with a nap on both sides, and with one. The main selection criterion is just the density and height of the yarn loops. Not only its softness, but also the ability of the product to absorb moisture depends on how tightly the villi will be located on the area of the web. As for the height of the pile, then ideally it should be 5 mm. Due to too long loops, the product will have a felted appearance after just a few washes.
Types of cotton towels
All towels on the market are divided into three groups, the range of which can be assessed in the online store of any of the manufacturers, for example, Batuk Textil http: // batuktext il.ru/polotenca/ hlopok:
- The first group consists of bath products, characteristic of which are large sizes (50 * 100 cm, 70 * 140 cm, 100 * 150 cm), dense mahr and high pile. They quickly absorb moisture, are pleasant to the touch, well withstand frequent use and regular washing.
- The second group - towels for the face of 50 * 50 cm or 50 * 70 cm. They are three or four times smaller than the bath, rougher in tactile sensations, but loyal to the delicate skin of the face. The second group also included towels for hands and feet. These are small-sized products (50 * 90 cm), practical, can be made from different types of yarn, but most often from machine.
- The third group - textiles for the kitchen. It should absorb moisture well, be durable, easy to wash off from any dirt: whether it is grease, oil, sweet syrups, dyes or something else. The classic standard size kitchen towel is 50 * 70 cm. However, there are also so-called mini-options - kitchen napkins, the size of 30 * 30 cm and 30 * 50 cm.
The main types of cotton towels yarn
In the manufacture of cotton terry towels used several types of yarn:
- Machine or "open end" is relatively inexpensive, and therefore allows you to get cheap at cost, paintings,which are characterized by rigidity, elasticity and resistance to deformation. For the production of such yarn used short-staple cotton.
- Cardan or "Ring" of medium-fiber cotton with an intricate weaving method. The fabric of this yarn is softer compared with the first option, loose and shaggy with a smaller thickness and density.
- Combed or "Peña" is considered the best and high-quality type of cotton yarn, for the manufacture of which long-fiber raw materials are used. The finished canvas of such yarn is incredibly soft, light, with a pleasant silky surface. Combed thread, as a rule, is used primarily for the production of expensive type of terry cloth.
Cotton towels withstand over 500 wash cycles. In addition, made from natural cotton fibers, they do not electrify, retain heat well, are resistant to various detergents, and, accordingly, durable. All this can not but rejoice the real housewives!
Galileo. How to "towel" terry towels: