Cosmetics based on cocoa butter at home
Types of oils
There are refined and unrefined oil. In cosmetology, it is used unrefined, since there are slightly more nutrients there, it retains the delicious smell of chocolate, has a more fatty and rich texture.
But there are several cases when it is better to apply refined oil:
- Children up to 3 years. Unrefined too saturated for such delicate skin, glut may occur.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers. During this period, the body of a woman is especially sensitive and needs calm.
- If you have thin and delicate skin - it is necessary to test for the reaction of unrefined oil.
- If you are susceptible to the characteristic saturated smell, do not use it for body and hair.
- If you make a mixture of oils, and the smell does not fit her.
Store in a closed, dark container at temperatures up to 18aboutWITH.
Cocoa butter is composed of the following components:
- Oleic acid. She - Omega-9. This unsaturated fatty acid reduces cholesterol levels, helps maintain blood glucose levels, strengthens the immune system, reduces the risk of cancer, and therefore is often used in medicine and in cosmetology. Well retains moisture in the skin.
- Stearic acid. One of the main fatty acids in the body. Restores the protective barriers of the skin.
- Lauric acid. It has good antibacterial properties, heals cracks and wounds on the skin, which protects the skin from aging, helps to remove wrinkles and age spots.
- Palmitic (hexadecanoic) acid. Promotes skin renewal, facilitates overcoming the protection of the epidermis.
Cocoa also contains:
- Vitamin A and E;
- amino acids and proteins;
Mineral composition, salts:
Cosmetic properties of cocoa butter
The best way to combat skin problems is, of course, their prevention! Cocoa butter can be used both in summer and in winter, and in pure form. In winter, it will protect your face from the cold wind, frost, and lack of moisture in the air. In the summer - from harmful sunlight.
Apply it before going out, it is easily absorbed and does not leave a greasy luster on the skin. It can be used as a base for makeup. In the case when it seems too fat, mix the composition with other oils - suitable peach seed oil, almond.
Now it has become fashionable to make cosmetics with their own hands - and here cocoa often finds application in various masks and balms for the face, body and hair. And not only because it is useful - its structure will make it possible to make the consistency of such a mask more dense and dense, and therefore convenient for use.
Homemade Mask Recipes
Suitable for any type. Weakened, damaged by paints and the sun hair will be restored, dry - moisturized, dim will have shine, brittle - strength. It is used for curly and unruly hair.
Substances contained in the oilpenetrate the scalp and act directly on the hair follicles, strengthen the hair from the inside, so it is often used in cosmetology as part of various regenerating complexes. Heated oil should be applied to the scalp and hair roots, a little massaging the head. Then run through the hair comb, distributing the substance along their length. The wood comb is best for this.
Masks to strengthen and shine hair
Take dried rosemary - 2 tablespoons,? cups of hot water, 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter (volumes can vary depending on the length of hair).
Rosemary pour water, leave to stand for 1 hour and strain. Mix melted cocoa butter with tincture, rub into the roots and distribute through hair. Wrap the head and leave for 2-3 hours, then rinse with shampoo.
Apply this mask by course - 2-3 times a week for 2 months.
Based on henna
It will take 2 tablespoons of henna, 2 tbsp. spoons of cocoa butter, 2 drops of rose essential oil, hot water.
Mix henna and butter, dilute with hot water to a slurry state, add rose ether. Apply to hair, wrap and leave for half an hour, then rinse with shampoo.
For the weakened and dry hair, giving volume
Ingredients: 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cocoa butter.
Melt the butter and mix with the yolk and olive oil, rub into the scalp and distribute through the hair. Wrap for 1-1.5 hours.
Anti-inflammation mask for all skin types
Composition: 1 tsp. chamomile oil, 1 tsp. cocoa butter, 1 tbsp. l cucumber grated, 1 tsp. aloe juice
Mix until smooth, apply on face. Hold 30 minutes. It is recommended to do at night.
Mask-food for the skin
Composition:1 tbsp. l avocado or pumpkin oil, 1 tsp. cocoa butter, 1 tsp. wheat germ oil.
Mix thoroughly, then apply on face, hold for 20-30 minutes, rinse with water at a pleasant temperature. Suitable for use 2-3 times a week.
Cocoa butter will help fight stretch marks and is used to prevent them at home.
Great for massage. To do this, apply a small amount of oil on a clean body, after the procedure, remove the excess with a soft cloth.
It is widely used during epidemics of ARVI as a prophylactic agent. Also used for the treatment of cough and bronchitis in medicine - 1 teaspoon of oil per cup of warm milk.
For constipation, take 1 incomplete dessert spoon before bed for 20 days. With atherosclerosis -? teaspoon a few minutes before meals.
And finally - this oil can scare away insects! Take one article. l cocoa butter, 5 drops of eucalyptus, lemon and basil essential oils, mix well and apply on face and body. This recipe is suitable for the delicate skin of the child, while it has a pleasant aroma.
I wish you good luck, let the application of this oil help you make your body more beautiful and healthier!