Clasp prosthesis for upper jaw
A jaw falling out during a conversation is a nightmare of a person using dental prostheses. The question of reliable fixation of removable structures is particularly relevant in prosthetic upper jaw: it is important that artificial teeth do not fall off under their own weight. Fortunately, today with prostheses of the new type, this situation is practically excluded. The reliability of the clasp dentures has been proven by thousands of patients around the world.
What are the differences between clasp designs
The basis of the prosthesis - metal arc, in German - "byugel". A plastic base is attached to the frame, imitating the gum, on which the crowns are installed - artificial teeth. In the devices for the upper jaw, a special palatine jumper was made, connecting the left and right parts of the prosthesis. This element helps to evenly distribute the load when chewing.
Clasp denturesThey differ from other dentures by their exquisite design, because the openwork casting is durable but imperceptible.
How to hold the prosthesis on the upper jaw
To the prosthesis did not happen annoying embarrassment, devices need to be securely fixed to the jaw. To do this, use 3 types of fasteners:
- Klammer - metal hooks that cover the abutment teeth miniature "legs." This fixing option is cheaper than the rest, but clums are visible during a conversation.
- Attachments - an improved look of hooks. The attachment, on the one hand, clings to the internal part of the tooth, and on the other, to the prosthesis and snaps into place. Fastening on locks is reliable and aesthetically pleasing, but it also costs more.
- Telescopic crowns are a popular type of fastening in the USA. The prosthesis is connected to crowns, which are placed on the abutment teeth. It is used when the upper teeth are worn out and it cannot be securely fastened.
In which cases arc prosthetics is used.
Indications for the installation of clasp construction:
- the absence of more than four front teeth;
- defects or loss of molars and wisdom teeth on one or both sides;
- periodontitis or periodontal disease.
In this case, it is necessary that at least 5 teeth remain on the upper jaw, then the load will be distributed evenly.
Benefits of bugel dentures
In addition to constructional features, the clasp prosthesis differs from acrylic and nylon models by a number of advantages:
- service life is 7–10 years;
- strength and reliability of fixation;
- compact size;
- quick addiction and comfortable wearing;
- diction persists;
- prosthesis can not be removed at night;
- the structure partially covers the sky, therefore it does not cause a gag reflex, and the taste sensations are not distorted;
- simple care.
Clasp prostheses - the most expensive among the removable structures, but the most durable, durable and aesthetic. These devices help to return the patient to normal life, and still enjoy the pleasure of communication and delicious food!