10 tips realtors how to profitably sell an apartment
Facing the need to sell our own housing, we begin to look for answers to the questions: is it worth trying to act independently or is it better to contact the real estate agency, how much to ask from the buyer, so as not to frighten off? We decided to collect the advice of realtors and people who already have experience in selling their own homes, and tell you how to sell an apartment.
Contact a real estate office or sell yourself?
When asked what is better - ask for help from professional realtors or try yourselfprofitable to sell an apartment, there is no universal answer. You will have to make your own choice, based on your financial situation and weighing all the pros and cons. We only list the pros and cons of each of the possible solutions.
|Self selling||Selling through a realtor|
|No additional costs: all money received from the sale will remain with you.||We'll have to give 2-5% of the money received realtor office. Although you can find an agency that takes a commission from the buyer.|
|Due to the lack of experience and analytical data on the real estate market, you risk incorrectly assess your housing.||Real estate agents are well-versed in prices, so their assessment is always more accurate.|
|Independent sales require a lot of effort and time, because you have to make and place advertisements yourself, meet with potential buyers, draw up documents.||All worries to find a buyer fall on the shoulders of a realtor. At your request, for additional payment, he can even conduct pre-sales preparation of the premises.|
|With self-selling more likely to stumble upon an unscrupulous buyer or a notary.||Realtor offices work with proven notaries and know about all the nuances of paperwork, which minimizes legal risks.|
|Most often apartments that are sold by the owners themselves find a buyer not very quickly.||Through the real estate agent in 80 cases out of 100 the buyer is faster.|
|Selling a home without a middleman, you do not run into stumble on real estate scammers.||There is a risk of becoming a victim of real estate agents, cranking fraudulent schemes.|
Deciding to sell an apartment through an intermediary, do not try to save money by acting through single realtors or agencies luring customers with low commissions. In this case, there is a high probability of getting caught on the bait to scammers. Choose a real estate office with a solid reputation. It is even better if you are advised by her acquaintances who have successfully sold their housing with it.
When is it better to sell an apartment?
The real estate market has its own "seasonality", which determines the increase and decrease in demand for housing. However, for each locality it has its own. In small towns, apartments are actively bought up in the fall, and private houses in the spring. But in large cities there is no significant difference, although some surge in consumer activity is still observed, and it falls on the end of August - September.
And now we will list the periods when the chances to quickly and profitably sell an apartment are significantly reduced:
- during the economic crisis. At this time, most of the population has a sharp drop in income. A decrease in the level of purchasing power leads to a drop in real estate prices, and it becomes difficult to get good sales revenue;
- during long holidays.Any realtor will say: the first half of May and the winter holidays are a period of calm in real estate sales. But summer holidays, oddly enough, according to experts, do not affect the level of sales;
- changes in land and housing legislation affecting the procedure for the sale of housing, changes in tax rates on these transactions, etc.
Setting a goalprofitable to sell an apartment, also consider the fact that you have a place to move. After all, you may be caught by a buyer who wishes to enter a newly acquired living space immediately after the completion of the transaction.
What will help to profitably sell an apartment: realtor advice
It is the turn of advice related directly to the sale itself.
Putting a great price, you risk not finding a buyer. Therefore, the cost must be calculated on the basis of objective data. The price of an apartment is influenced by the following factors:
- number of rooms: the more, the higher the price;
- housing area: spacious apartment - higher cost;
- planning: separate rooms can increase the price of an apartment by 10%, and adjacent rooms - on the contrary;
- kitchen area: footage less than 7 m2reduces the cost of an apartment;
- age of the building: new building (it includes buildings whose age does not exceed 20 years) is more expensive than houses built at an earlier time. The same can be said about brick houses, if we compare them with panel houses;
- balcony and loggia: furnished and glazed, they can also add 1-2% to the price;
- condition of the interior: renovated apartment is quoted higher;
- type of heating: apartments with individual heating systems are more expensive than central ones, since they can regulate the temperature regardless of the onset of the official heating period;
- type of bathroom: adjacent is valued below the separate;
- location and infrastructure: proximity to the center, good transport interchange, availability of parking spaces, a cozy courtyard, shops, kindergartens and schools increases the apartment in price. The tram thundering beneath the windows, the smoking factory, the wasteland outside the window and the dump in the yard make it cheaper.
Sell without furniture
The lack of furniture in the apartment makes it visually spacious and lighter. In addition, not everyone will want to have second hand furniture, or the customer may simply not like it. If you can not get rid of interior items, arrange them so as to free up space.
Overhaul is not worth doing - it will not pay off, but the cosmetic will allow you to refresh the apartment and set a higher price on it. When there is no money even for plywood wallpaper, at least disguise the most unsightly places: cover the defects on the floor with carpets, draw wallpaper with paintings.
Conduct pre-sales training
First, take photos, souvenirs and other personal belongings off the shelves and walls. A faceless room creates room for fantasy: the buyer can already figure out, when inspecting, what will fill the empty places and thus start to get involved in thinking about buying.
Secondly, clean and tidy, especially in the bathroom, toilet and kitchen. Statistics show that tidy housing is bought more readily, but dirt and clutter often cause a decrease in the selling price.
Remove traces of animal presence
Not everyone loves and keeps pets. Therefore, before the arrival of potential buyers, clean the sofas and carpets and ventilate the rooms, getting rid of wool and odor, giving out the fact of being in the apartment of our younger brothers.
Create a feeling of comfort
Aura comfort has to buy.Flowers on window sills will help create it, albeit inexpensive, but fresh curtains on the windows and the smell of coffee or home baking.
Take care of the lighting
The more light, the room seems more spacious. Therefore, wash the windows, ensuring unhindered access to the sun, and turn on the missing light bulbs in case visitors arrive in the evening.
Clean the entrance
A dirty staircase will immediately alienate the visitor, so try to restore order there and use light bulbs to the best of your ability and capabilities.
Conduct an advertising campaign
Create an ad, emphasizing the advantages of your apartment and not focusing on the shortcomings, and place on free message boards on the Internet (we wrote about it in more detail in the article “How to sell on Avito”).
Use all available advertising media: information boards at the entrances and in the markets, newspapers free ads, as well as word of mouth.
Tell about your intentionsell apartmentColleagues at work, neighbors, friends and relatives - they can spread your information, bringing to a potential buyer.
Prepare for a conversation with the buyer
To profitably sell an apartment, you need to be prepared for unwanted questions that the buyer may ask. Try to convince him that your apartment has more advantages than disadvantages. For example, distance from the center can be presented as an advantage, because in such areas there is less air pollution and quieter courtyards.
Make a list of such questions in advance and think over the answers to them so that the buyer does not take you by surprise.
How profitable to sell an apartment, located in the mortgage, you will learn from this video: